"Waiting On" Wednesday | Lair of Dreams - Libba Bray


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


My pick of the week is:

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
July 7, 2015 
(expected)

From Goodreads:





After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...

Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?



The Diviners is one of my favourite books and, although I've yet to read all her books, Libba Bray is one of my favourite authors. I completely devoured The Diviners when I read it back in 2012; it was unlike anything I'd read before. Bray's writing is completely magical and transports you back in time to 1920's New York with its Ziegfeld Girls and speakeasies, with some good ol' paranormal activity, and it's a read that still plays on my mind two-and-a-bit years later.
I'm so ridiculously excited and impatient for the long-awaited sequel, Lair of Dreams - it's definitely up there with my most anticipated books of the year. I think I might even shed a little tear when I finally get my hands on it.


What releases are you excited for?

8 comments:

  1. I read the Diviners quite a while ago now but I didn't really love it as much as I thought I would. I think I succumbed to the hype monster, I might have enjoyed it a bit more if my expectations weren't so high! I might pick this one up though as I now know what I am going in to. Such a long wait for the sequel though. I actually thought it was a standalone. I have her Gemma Doyle trilogy on my shelf so I do want to check out more of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen Liar of Dreams, but did not realize there was a novel before it. I simply thought it was a standalone too. I need to add both books to my TBR pile. Thanks for putting these on the radar for me. :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed there is! I hope you enjoy The Diviners and Lair of Dreams when you get around to reading them. Glad I could be of some use today! :D

      Delete
  4. I am really excited for this book! Libba Bray is one of my favorite authors. Unfortunately, it took them so long to publish this one I think I'm going to have to re-read The Diviners! Great pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise just how long a wait it's been until I actually wrote up this post. Far too long!
      I think I remember The Diviners well enough that I'll be okay going into Lair of Dreams without needing a refresher, but I'm super tempted to reread, too, just because~! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, YES! I read the first almost a year after it came out (luckily for meee, not such a long wait!), and it was awesome. Can't wait to see what happens!! Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed The Diviners, and I hope you'll like Lair of Dreams just as much :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.